Best Hunting Binoculars for the Money of 2018 & Buying Guide
These days, with many different products which exist in the market, it's hard to separate the good from the bad ones. If you are confused about choosing the best hunting binoculars for the money, then you've stumbled upon the right article.
As you may know, buying a reliable binocular which you can use for your hunting trips can be a tad difficult to get a hold of due to the current influx of binoculars in the market.
You require careful selection to go home with decent gear.
To save you some time, carefully read the following buying guide for your consideration, and then check out the reviews.
What type of binoculars do you need to buy?
There are four types of binoculars; full, mid, giant, compact.
Compact Binoculars can be put in a small pocket or bag and will be useful at a concert show, or on a hike.
Giant binoculars are used more by astronomers. They can also be seen at receptions of tourist centers. Police and military also use this large optics.
What Objective and Power do you want?
Binoculars all have labels showing the power and objective lens diameter. For instance, when you come across something like 8 x 42mm, the first number indicates the power, and the second is the objective lens diameter.
The power starts at 4 and can be as high as 32 or more. In this case, being high doesn’t necessarily mean good. If the power is too high, images viewed at closer range might become blurry. For hunting, a power of 10 will do if there is need to view objects at long distances.
The objective diameter ranges from 20mm up to 150 mm. The larger the objective, the more the light comes in, improving visibility in low light situations. Also, the larger objective lens diameter isn’t always better. The best objective diameter size for hunting is 42mm.
What field of view (FOV) do you prefer?
The field of view is the area you can visualize when looking through your binoculars. It is usually measured per 1000 yards.
The higher the field of view, the more area you can view at a distance of 1000 yards from where you stand. If you are targeting running or fast moving game, the larger field of view will help in seeing a larger range. But overall, the standard field of view is ideal for hunting.
Does it have to be waterproof?
Buying waterproof binoculars is very important if you plan on using them in a boat or hunting in the rain. It is an excellent idea to have waterproof binoculars because it could start raining unexpectedly while you are viewing something great with your binoculars.
This feature will also help in avoiding leaks or fog. Rubber coating will be perfect for your binoculars as it will make them comfortable to hold in wet conditions.
Do you need good image quality?
A high-quality image is necessary for your binoculars only when you plan on using them for many hours at a time. However, if you intend on using them occasionally just to distinguish if what you see is either a deer or a rock, decent image quality should do.
These days, getting optically capable and dependable binoculars can be quite tricky, especially if you need both waterproof and excellent image quality. Most models which meet these requirements cost about one hundred bucks. If you require excellence, you might have to spend over one hundred and fifty dollars.
When it comes to good image quality and period of use, some brands that produce great binoculars are Leica, Nikon, Zeiss and others. The right thing to note about the models that are released by these brands is that they’ll hardly strain your eyes, notwithstanding how long you use them.
How much can they weigh?
Irrespective of their capability, full-sized binoculars can weigh as much as 2 pounds or even more. The gross weight of the binoculars depends on the amount and type of glass used in its development process.
Having a pair of compact binoculars around your neck that do not weigh you down is a perfect idea, if are walking through the woods while hunting, or if you are into hiking. However, a 30mm objective model should be light enough to protect your back and neck, but might be a wrong choice if you need the best performing binoculars.
How much do you have to spend?
There is a wide variety of products and brands available in the market which makes it hard to tell the best price. To get the best value for the right price, we suggest that you analyze your budget and expectations and then examine the features which we have mentioned so far.
The costlier the binoculars, the higher the chances that it’s been manufactured using a larger number of coatings and high-quality glasses. Some models are as expensive as one thousand bucks, but they can also prevent eye strain, which is why they can frequently be used. Depending on the quality of materials and the brand/manufacturer, there is a high probability of using the same binoculars for over a decade, provided you invest in the binoculars.
High quality binoculars can be purchased with three or four hundred bucks, so you do not have to break a bank to buy those binoculars you have always dreamt of!
Best Hunting Binoculars for the Money Reviews
1. THE ORROS COMPACT WATERPROOF BINOCULARS BY VANGUARD REVIEW
This is a wonderfully crafted binocular. It is rubber-armored for proper grip, and it is also lightweight. It has a good magnifying power and an excellent range of view. To ensure clear and bright viewing as well as preventing loss of light, the lens of this binocular is well coated.
This binocular is very useful for wildlife experts, hikers, hunters, and bird watchers. This binocular is also waterproof and fog proof. The package comes with a padded pouch and lens covers. Travelers and tourists will also find this instrument useful.
- It has a product dimension of 4.5 x 4.7 x 1 inches
- It has a weight of about 9.9 ounces which makes it lightweight
- It is entirely waterproof and fog proof
- It is rubber-armored to enhance proper grip and to make it durable
- It has a 10X magnifying power
- It has a 25mm objective lens diameter
- It is very easy to focus
- It has a good field of view and an impressive view angle
- It is space-saving, compact and effortless to carry about
- Its lens is well coated for easy transmission of light
Most hunters love it when they can see distant animals as if they were close. In fact, it makes their job very easy and they can make a good number of kill daily. This binocular is a must-have for every hunter who is passionate about his job.
2. THE LEGEND ULTRA HD ROOF PRISM BINOCULAR BY BUSHNELL REVIEW
This is the real definition of what a decent hunting binocular should look like. It has excellent image clarity and an impressive field of view. The eye-relief features of this instrument are top-notch, and it is portable and easy to carry.
The lens of this binocular is well coated, and it also has water-repellent features which make it useable in the rain. A neck strap, a carry bag and a soft case are included in the package.
- It has a 10X magnifying power
- The diameter of its objective lens is 42mm
- It has an impressive eye-relief feature
- The lens of this binocular is adequately coated to enhance transmission of light and to reduce light loss
- It has a product dimension of 4.02 x 5.28 x 6.89 in
- It has a weight of 1.54lbs which makes it lightweight and easy to carry especially if you are a traveler
- It is both waterproof and fog proof
- The magnesium chassis of this binocular is strong
- Included in the package are a neck strap, a carrying bag and a soft case
- It has a water-repellent lens
All the features of this binocular make it a decent hunting binocular for the money. Weighing in at just about 1.5 pounds this 10X magnification power lens with a massive 42mm objective lens have got you covered during your hunting trips.
3. THE 118760 TROOPER DPS BINOCULAR BY OLYMPUS REVIEW
This binocular has a good range and a wide angle of view, and that is what every hunter wants. The lens is well coated for image clarity and enhancement of light transmission.
Also, the center-focus knob of this instrument is large enough. This makes it easy to focus this instrument on any object or body. It also has a UV feature which protects the eyes from the rays of the sun when viewing.
This binocular is built to be tough, rugged and sturdy. Its main body is also well coated with rubber. The magnifying power of this item is pretty descent. As a hunter, it helps you see distant objects as if they are close.
- It has a 10X magnifying power
- It has a product dimension of 2.5 x 7.5 x 7 inches
- It has an item weight of 1.88 pounds which means it is not too heavy to carry about as a hunter in search of prey
- The lens is well coated for effective transmission of light
- It has a UV feature which protects the eyes from the rays of the sun when viewing
- Its main body is rubber-armored for secure grip and durability
- It is compact, space-saving and portable
- It is strong and study
- It offers an excellent range and angle of view
Overall, the 118760 trooper Binocular is a useful gear for hunters looking for a great piece for their expedition. The binocular weighs just about 1.9 pounds, has an impressive 10X magnification power and transmits light quite well. The UV feature also makes it stand out from the crowd, as it gives a more thorough protection to the eyes by shielding it from the sun's rays.
4. THE 71346 OUTLAND BINOCULARS BY CELESTRON REVIEW
This is just what every hunter craves. It is waterproof and fog proof. This binocular is also rubber-armored, and a carrying case and neck strap are part of the package.
The lens is also coated for efficient light transmission and its ability to magnify objects is simply amazing. This Celestron-produced binocular is easy to focus and easy to use.
- It has a product dimension of 8 x 3 x 7 inches
- It has a weight of 2 pounds. Hence, it is not heavy to be carried about
- It has a 42mm objective lens diameter
- The shipping weight of this product is 4.45 pounds
- It is both waterproof and fog proof
- It is rubber-armored for maximum durability
- It has well-coated optics which helps to reduce loss of light and
- enhance light transmission
- It has an 8X magnifying power
- A carrying case and a neck strap are part of the package
- It is easy to focus and easy to use
This binocular is every hunter's delight. It is sturdy, durable and it has excellent optical abilities.
Buying the best hunting binoculars for your money takes some time and little effort. It's no secret that getting the right binoculars for your needs requires a little research including observing various customer reviews. Also, you need to consider features like the diameter of the objective lens, magnification, focus type, the eye relief, the field of view, the prism type and most importantly, your money.
The whole design of the binoculars also matters since you are likely looking a fog proof and waterproof design which protects your binoculars from dust, debris, and moisture.
Now that you have studied our review, you can go for what suits your hunting experience now!