Best Binoculars Under $300 (Year 2018)
If you’re looking to buy the best binoculars under three hundred dollars range, then you’re in the perfect place. You will discover the top picks right here.
In the last few years, optics technology has improved by bounds and leaps. Previously, a pair of high-quality birding or hunting binoculars would have been priced at not less than $1000. Today, however, purchasing a great pair of binoculars with much less is very possible.
The best binoculars below three hundred bucks may be less maneuverable and a bit heavier. But then, there are quite a handful of not too expensive binoculars which can compete with the over $1000 priced models in virtually all other categories.
Now, what you need to do to find a good value and a high-quality set of binoculars below three hundred bucks is research! Fortunately for you, we have done all the hard work by researching on and testing various models to find the best binoculars under $300 for your hard-earned cash.
To begin with, here are few questions to help in choosing the right binoculars.
- How much am I willing to spend?
- What size or type of binoculars is the best?
- What exactly am I going to use them for?
- What requirements should I look out for?
When looking for the best binoculars under $300, it is essential to understand that you will get what you have paid for. You won’t expect a cheap disposable camera to produce the same results as a professional camera; hence, you should expect little differences between a $300 binocular and a more expensive model.
Nevertheless, there are some wonderful under $300 binocular options on the market if you know what features to look out for, such as:
- Fully coated lenses
- Advanced prisms
- Excellent light transmission
- Large focus wheels
- Comfortable eye cups
- Nitrogen-purged fog proof and water design, etc
What are the key elements to consider before purchasing an under $300 binocular?
Besides these great binocular features, it is also essential to consider the following requirements when looking to choose the right binoculars under $300:
- Durability- The build quality is a crucial factor to be considered when buying binoculars below $300, or even amount. Surely, you want durable and rugged binoculars which are designed to last for an extended period and withstand elements.
- Portability (Weight & Size)-These days, there is an increasing amount of binoculars on the market. These devices come in different sizes and shapes. It is essential that you purchase a pair which will suit your need. Traveling with a large and big pair, or hunting with compact binoculars with little magnification won’t be an excellent idea.You will need to find a perfect balance for your need. Is that 2Oz is light enough to forgo some magnification? If you’re on a long trip and need to carry your binoculars around in a backpack, then it’s cool
- The Twilight Factor-When looking to choose optics, particularly the best binocular models for hunting under $300, you need a model that can gather enough light as possible, which will make bright and enhance the image quality in twilight hours and low light situations.
Where can I buy the best binoculars under $300?
You could stop by the nearest Bass Pro Shops, Walmart or even Calebs and get a pair of binoculars. Our advice is to stick with Amazon stores. They provide all the needed information. One favorite feature about Amazon is all the customer reviews by people like us.
Now that you have known the requirements to consider when looking for the best binoculars under $300, we can now look into the very best binoculars below $300.
1. Athlon optics Midas ED
As surprisingly affordable as these optics are, their performance is likened to many other models which cost thousands of dollars. For starters, this optics is known for their brightness. Birding and other general binoculars activities involve viewing images much brighter, such as the sky, or even darker, like into a dense thicket. Binoculars may find it hard to gather enough light needed to illuminate the object you are trying to view at a distance. Also, looking into dark environments may be difficult if the binoculars cannot gather enough light needed. The Athlon Optics Midas ED settles this without issues.
Another great feature of the Athlon Optics Midas ED is the ease and precision of adjusting its focus. It can be accurately and smoothly adjusted at a large range of focal depths. Close focusing is necessary when viewing things in details like wildflowers, butterflies, and the likes. The Athlon Optics Midas ED gets as close as 6.5 feet; this is a feature which is not common among most of its contenders.
- 8x magnification and 42mm objective lens diameter
- 2mm Eye Relief, 426ft at 1000 yards Field of View, 6.5ft Close Focus, 25Oz weight
- Argon purged: This provides thermal stability and better waterproofing
- ED Glass: This produces an image with very less or no chromatic fringe, hence a sharper and clearer image to view
- Advanced Fully Multi-Coated lenses which enhance larger light transmission to give accurate color and optimum brightness across the whole light spectrum
- Phase correcte cvc d prisms to give images higher resolution, better contrast and excellent color reproduction
- ESP Dielectric Coating: a multilayer prism coating which reflects more than 99% of the light to your eyes giving you a bright and clear image which displays precise color production
Overall, the Athlon Optics Midas ED binoculars are shockproof. If it accidentally drops, all you have to do is pick them up, brush off the dirt, and they’ll still work perfectly. This wonderful pair of binoculars is also waterproof and fog proof, as they can withstand immersion and sealed to prevent dust. Though the company is not a very popular name, for your money, you should get a great pair of binoculars from them!
2. Celestron Trailseeker
The Celestron Trailseeker 8×42 is rugged and have armored construction. They are one of the lightest models we discovered after our research, weighing 23 ounces. The manufacturing company, Celestron has been designing top-quality telescopes since 1960 but also produces a huge variety of binoculars (more than 14 lines, and over 30 various models).
The Celestron Trailseeker 8×42 Optics offers excellent light-gathering abilities. Watching an image far up in the sky, the colors will remain sharp and bright with the Celestron Trailseeker set of binoculars. This model also possesses the ability to focus up close as close as 6.5 ft, with a field of view (FOV) of 426 feet at 1000 yards.
- Completely multi-coated optics: larger light transmission for more resolution and brighter views
- BAK-4 Prisms with Dielectric and Phase coatings
- Magnesium Alloy Design: Lightweight, durable frame which will be comfortable to handle in the field and last a lifetime
- Ultra wide field of view for quick acquisition of the image being viewed and to easily follow your subject, with less worry about moving the device.
- Close Focus of 6.5 ft for close view of image nearby
- 8x magnification power and 42mm objective lens
- Shock-proof, fog-proof and waterproof
The Celestron Trailseeker is shock-proof, fog-proof and waterproof. This model is very much durable and will last for as long as you need them. The set of binoculars are great for hunting and are one of the best binoculars under your budget.
3. THE LEGEND ULTRA HD BINOCULAR BY BUSHNELL
This binocular is inexpensive yet effective. Hunters value it and it is also useful for hiking, bird watching and indoor sports. It is not heavy and its design is compact and beautiful. Its optical qualities are also top-notch, and it produces images with the maximum level of clarity. Also, the lens of this binocular is well coated and water-repellent so that light loss is reduced and transmission of light is enhanced. A neck strap, a soft carrying case and carrying bag are also included in the package. Furthermore, its eye relief is long enough, and it is both waterproof and fog proof. This binocular is very user-friendly.
- It is easy to use
- It is both waterproof and fog proof
- It has a 10X magnifying power
- It has an objective lens diameter of 42mm
- The lenses of this binocular are well coated and water-repellent
- Its field of view is extraordinarily wide
- Its eye relief is long enough
- It has a product dimension of 4.02 x 5.28 x 6.89 inches
- It has a weight of about 1.54lbs. This means it is lightweight and can be easily carried about
- It is compact and good looking
- For ease of use, it is possible to hang this item on the neck
Users of binoculars and other optical instruments always look out for good light transmitting properties, low weight and attractive looks when making a purchase. Interestingly, this product has all the qualities needed, and the best part is it’s not so expensive at just under your budget.
4. THE 118760 TROOPER DPS I BINOCULAR BY OLYMPUS
This binocular has UV features that serve as an eye-shield from the harmful rays emitted by the sun. It is rubber-coated, and its auto-focus feature makes it easy to aim at your prey. This binocular has a good field of view and from different angles too. The lenses are well coated to avoid reflection of light. This binocular is rugged and sturdily-built. It is also inexpensive and has a 10X magnifying power. Furthermore, no hunter wants the extra burden that comes with carrying a heavy binocular. For this reason, this binocular is designed to be compact and with a lesser weight which makes it portable and easy to carry.
- It has a product dimension of 2.5 x 7.5 x 7 inches
- It is lightweight. It has an item weight of 1.88 pounds
- The diameter of its objective lens is 50mm
- It has a 10X magnifying power
- It has good UV features for prevention of dangers associated with the rays of the sun
- The lens is well coated for enhanced transmission of light
- The shipping weight of this product is 2.7 pounds
- This product is coated with rubber
- Superb image quality
- This binocular is useful for the viewing of fast paced objects because of its several angles of view
This Olympus-produced binocular is strong and can withstand tough and rough use. The price point is also reasonable, and the product is readily available.
5. THE ORROS COMPACT WATERPROOF BINOCULARS BY VANGUARD
This is one of the most creatively crafted binoculars around. One thing is sure; hunters always want to get a very clear view of their targets, and this binocular is guaranteed to do that as it features prisms and lenses that are well coated. This binocular is also lightweight, and it has a compact design. Furthermore, it is both waterproof and fog proof, and it has a good magnifying power. It is sturdy and toughly built which makes it suitable for rough use even in the jungle. This binocular is also very easy to focus and easy to use.
- It is lightweight. It has a weight of just about 9.9 ounces
- It has a product dimension of 4.5 x 4.7 x 1 inches
- It is completely waterproof and fog proof
- It has a 10X magnifying power
- It is rubber-armored to enhance its durability
- The diameter of its objective lens is 25mm
- It has an impressive eye relief of 10mm
- Its lenses are well coated to improve light transmission
- The image quality of this binocular is top-notch
- It is sturdy and space-saving
This binocular has qualities that are exceptional, and these qualities have endeared it to many hunters who are in awe of its performance and efficiency. This is a decent optical instrument for the money.
From this reviews, you should be able to buy a perfect set of binoculars for under $300, without sacrificing efficiency or quality. The major thing to have in mind is what you need them for. Whether for bird-watching or hunting, get to the market and buy those binos you need with your under $300 budget!