Best Night Vision Binoculars of 2018 & Buying Guide
Sometimes it becomes difficult to see at night. The less availability of light could pose a problem during hunting and hence the invention of low-light and night vision binoculars for picking up clear and steady images of games in the woods at dusk.
Night vision binoculars are usually characterized by large objective lenses with large diameters, and they work by intensifying the available amount of light by optical means or electronically. You can look at them as night goggles with magnification, which amplifies any amount of light on the image you are staring at with it.
Night vision binoculars are better used when steady and not when you are in motion. It cannot be used for very distant objects though as most common ones have a magnification of less than 5X.
In the previous years, these night vision binoculars were often used by law enforcement and the military. However recently, more civilians have begun using these night binoculars. Some use it for nocturnal wildlife observation, marine navigation, and security reasons. Night vision binoculars are also being used for safari.
With a vast number of manufacturers of these night vision binoculars and their different makes, it is good to make a wise choice if you want to purchase one. You need to know what you want and how to go about getting it. It is not enough to walk into any shop and get any off-the-shelf night vision binoculars as you risk a chance of picking an inferior device or probably one that is unsuitable for the use you are about to employ it.
THE 10X25 FOLDING HIGH POWERED BINOCULAR BY AUROSPORTS
THE PRO NEXGEN NIGHT VISION BINOCULAR BY NIGHT OWL
THE LYNX GEN 1 NIGHT VISION BINOCULAR BY BUSHNELL
THE COMPACT TRAVEL, HD NIGHT VISION BINOCULARS BY HULUWA
For hunters, military, sports, or you on a safari and you are often engaged until dusk to near darkness; it would be nice to have a pair of state-of-the-art night vision devices.
It is possible to order for or walk into a shop and get night vision binoculars, but it is expedient to know what you are buying and how comfortable it will be for you to purchase it.
Who Needs/Uses Night Vision Binoculars?
If you have any business being outdoors during the night hours or when it is dark, you will probably need night vision binoculars to see around you. Sometimes you may be hunting at night or camping out in the woods at night.
You are going to need these night vision binoculars. The military and law enforcement make use of these night vision binoculars. If you also go fishing at night or you work on the seas, you are bound to find great use for this equipment.
Consider the Environment
The environments where night vision binoculars are used play a huge part in its functionality. For instance, different binoculars have different distances.
For things that are only a few yards away, you need a different kind of binoculars, and there will be no point spending hugely on the binoculars meant for viewing distant objects in the dark.
The weather is also another factor as it may make the images on some night vision binoculars to be poor. The more efficient it is in adverse weather, the more expensive it will be.
It is necessary to consider these factors in order not to spend your money on high-end equipment when you should have been good with the cheap or mid-range machine.
What are the Available Types of Night Vision Binoculars?
There are many makes of night vision binoculars. However, I am going to list the most popular ones here.
- The Armasight Vega: these night vision binoculars are mostly head mounted. It comes with a flip-up headgear. It is very affordable too.
- The Pulsar Edge GS: these binoculars provide high resolution and clear images at night. A popular choice for many folks, it is weatherproof and comes with a five-lens design.
- Yukon 3.5 * 40: These are excellent for wildlife viewing. Their wide field of view and image quality is unparalleled. You may want to have good value for your money then you are advised to go for this make of night vision binoculars.
- ATN: the American Technologies Network Inc. is a company that produces the most popular and widely used night vision binoculars and optics around the world. They are the biggest and highest suppliers of any night vision equipment around the world.
What are the most Durable Night Vision Binoculars?
Like much other night vision equipment, night vision binoculars’ durability depends on the generation. The longevity and durability of generation 1 are entirely different from generation 3 as the latter has a life expectancy of more than five times more than the former.
The performance of the latter is also better than the performance of the former. It’s important to note that; the higher the generation of the binoculars the better its warranty. A fresher might ask, “What is a generation?”
The generation 1 night vision binoculars give you, a green, blurry image and it can view images within 70yards. Generation 1 is those that were first produced during the 1960s. Generation 2 has a longer range of about 200yards while generation 3 is 300yards. As you go higher, the durability increases.
Where can I Get Good Night Vision Binoculars?
Night vision binoculars can be ordered online from the comfort of your home. It is however expedient that you should avoid night vision binoculars from companies that offer discounts across the board.
Bargaining with these companies puts you at a higher risk of spending hundreds of dollars on low-quality night vision binoculars. Instead of night vision, you are sure to have nightmares.
What should be my Budget for a Night Vision Binoculars?
Night vision binoculars’ prices depend on its generation. Generation 1 is the cheapest kind available in the market. One thing you should note is the better its performance, the higher the price.
It is advisable to critically think about your environment and activities before buying in order not to buy what you do not need. However, a good pair of night vision binoculars can be acquired for a budget as low as $300-$500.
Top 4 Best Night Vision Binoculars Reviews
1. THE 10X25 FOLDING HIGH POWERED BINOCULAR BY AUROSPORTS
This binocular is used for bird watching, viewing, hiking, hunting, exploring and for outdoor sports. Its field of view is large enough, and it is inexpensive. It has a 10X magnifying power.
Its lenses are well coated, and it is easy to carry about because of its lightweight. Both adults and kids can use this binocular. Also, it is sturdy and durable.
It can also be folded when not in use, and it has good eye relief features so that people with eye problem can use it. Included in the package are a portable bag and a cloth for cleaning. The image produced from this binocular is incredibly clear.
- It has an objective lens diameter of 25mm
- It has a 10X magnifying power
- This binocular is waterproof
- The lens of this binocular is well coated
- Its field of view is impressive
- It has a field angle of 6.9 degrees
- It has an impressive eye relief of 14.8mm
- It is space-saving, compact and easy to carry around
- It is foldable
- It is lightweight
- It has a handsome look
- It is portable and can even fit into the pocket
This binocular is good for the price. For any serious night person who needs a night-time ready binocular, this aurosports binocular has all the essential features required for an enjoyable night time exploration and the best part is it doesn’t cost an arm or a leg.
2. THE PRO NEXGEN NIGHT VISION BINOCULAR BY NIGHT OWL
This is another chart-topping night vision binocular with an excellent range of view. It has a high magnifying power and a unique ability to produce quality images even in dark places.
It also features a battery with an impressive battery life of between 40 to 80 hours. Its central focus means you do not have to run around in an attempt to focus on an object. This binocular is shockproof, and its efficiency is very impressive.
- It has a product dimension of 8 x 7.8 x 2.9 inches
- It weighs just about 2.4 pounds which make it lightweight and easy to carry
- It has a product shipping weight of 2.6 pounds
- It has a 5X magnifying power
- It has a 50mm lens diameter
- The life span of the battery mostly depends on how frequent you use the infrared features, but it should last between 40 to 80 hours
- Without batteries, it weighs about 3.8 ounces
- The lens of this binocular is well coated
- It has an imposing range of view
- It is rubber-armored for prolonged lifespan and durability
- The quality of image produced by this night vision optical instrument is very bright, sharp and clear
- It is sturdy
- It is very easy to use
This binocular is highly sought-after. It’s brilliant features have endeared to many users who are in awe of its exceptional features. Another interesting thing is that it is not expensive and it is good value for the money.
3. THE COMPACT TRAVEL, HD NIGHT VISION BINOCULARS BY HULUWA
This binocular creates clear and sharp images. It is one of the most bought night vision binoculars in the market. The zoom level of this binocular makes it easy to see images through it.
This binocular is what every traveler should have. It is very compact, space-saving and easy to carry. This Binocular is durable, and it is made from top-quality materials.
This is one binocular that allows you appreciate the beauty of nature and wildlife. Also, many hunters, hikers, and birdwatchers use it. It is portable and can even fit into the pocket. Its range of view is extensive, and it is pretty affordable.
- It has a product dimension of 5 x 2.4 x 1.6 inches
- It is compact and can even fit into the pocket
- Impressive zoom level
- It is user-friendly
- The lenses of this binocular are well coated
- It is suitable for use in the dark
- It is made from quality materials
- This binocular produces crystal clear and bright images
All in all, this Huluwa-produced night vision binocular is a must have. It is not heavy at all. In fact, you can carry it along to whatever destination you are going to. This makes it ideal for travelers, bird watchers, and usage during indoor sports.
4. THE LYNX GEN 1 NIGHT VISION BINOCULAR BY BUSHNELL
Arguably one of the best binoculars for night use, this Bushnell-produced instrument is made from top-quality materials. It is weather resistant, and its lenses are well coated to enhance transmission of light.
The image quality of this item is stunning, and it has an excellent magnifying power. Also, this item is very durable and long-lasting. It is also battery operated and user-friendly.
- It weighs just about 1.1 pounds which mean it is not heavy
- It has a product dimension of 6.5 x 6.3 x 3 inches
- It can be used in the dark and at night
- It has a 2.5X magnifying power
- It is weather resistant
- It has a handsome look
- It also features an infrared illuminator
- The glass lenses are well coated
- It has an objective lens diameter of 40mm
- It is sturdy and durable
Overall, the Lynx gen one night time binocular weighing only about 1.1 pounds is a good buy for serious nighttime people. While the 2.5X magnification power doesn’t seem like it’s very much, it does a decent job. The 40mm objective lens makes this budget binocular a considerable choice for wide angle viewing.
Night vision binoculars are not the equipment you should purchase without proper research. After reading this article, your chances of making a regrettable purchase must have narrowed down drastically. Our buying guide is a start to getting the perfect night vision binoculars while our night vision binoculars reviews have some of the best binoculars for your night time exploration.